Sumer Time in July

Hello, I am blogging my blog entries again. I just wanted to update everyone on what I have been up to.  I completed my chemo treatments in Bakersfield, CA but they were not that successful, after treatments …well towards the end or immediate after I’m not quiet sure of the sequence I was back in the hospital for a blood clot to my heart and pneumonia in my lungs once again! I couldn't believe it. I was at home short of breath DYING from lack of oxygen to my heart for days! When I was in the hospital I could barely breathe, it took a lot of prayer and positive thoughts because medication and treatments were not bringing me back. If I lifted my body to "attempt" to get to the bathroom my oxygen level would drop drastically and all the machines would start beeping and screaming and nurses would rush in and I just accepted the fact that shitting in my bed (in a bed pan) was just going to have to cut it. It really did suck learning the right angles or when I would have a slow nurse and I had to pee by myself and get it right. Just a mess, but I put my egos and frustration aside and recovered. 

The first time I walked, in weeks, was my walk from my moms car to the front door of her house, it was the craziest thing I've experienced in my life! I couldn't believe I wasn't able to walk in the hospital but the will to live and be out of the hospital was so powerful. I walked into my mother’s house still in hospital attire and finally began my real recovery. I had oxygen tanks on hand and a medical bed but I knew I was ready and I began my mental process of planning my life for after recovery. 

I can go on and on about everything I experienced with that scare, but I want to jump forward. I have completed more semesters at school and now taking summer classes. Next semester will be my last at community college before I graduate and transfer into a university, God willing UCLA, or maybe somewhere not far from LA or in LA. I am on a new medical trial from City of Hope and hoping for a remissions status update come July 31st. I am back running my non-profit and bringing together my Let The Girls Talk empower groups. I am facilitating a fundraiser for this Fall and so many great plans up my sleeve. 


I plan to blog along the way and share my new healthy life style choices I’ve been making to eat more and eat healthy. I'll post pics and share my life with those who care to listen (read) and have interest. Well it is late and I'm going to go wash dishes and finish up a movie! Good night! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boredom and Faith

Bed before 5 am